Spirit of the Soul
We tend to overlook our simplest soul attributes and put them in the back seat of our activities. Yet, we need only express them in our life to help us live a more successful, happier life now. And as we live them consistently, the more refined we become, revealing the source of those qualities – the Spirit of our Soul.
A newborn’s tender expressions of their soul remind us of our own soul qualities which are hidden behind the masks we have created for ourselves and we’ve come to believe. We were once newborns too, and can express those FourSquare qualities again:
- Newborns assert living in the moment. Life is precious and this moment is a once in a lifetime opportunity to live it fully without fear of the unknown future or pain of the past.
- Their very presence is the felicity of creative change. Change is the very nature of the universe, and it is advantageous for us to maintain an attitude that is mentally open and adaptable rather than fight against change, looking on it as an opportunity for growth.
- Newborns demonstrate that we do not know everything there is to know and that is a blessing because we have the joy of learning and making new discoveries before us. As we commit to our spiritual practice in earnest, we become more conscious of inspiration and guidance of our Super-consciousness and the traits and habits of the subconsciousness, which we can use wisely to help transform ourselves. With an Enlightened Mind we discriminate intelligently with the consideration of Love leading us in our choices of behaviors.
- Newborns testify to sincerity, honesty and the power of faith and trust in the Eternal. Doubt fades away the more we are sincere and honest we are in our thoughts, feelings and behaviors, freeing us from the roles we play and aligning with the Universal Laws. Habitually repeating anger, resentment, guilt, worry and other subconscious traits can lead to becoming self-righteous, limiting our view of the world and ourselves.
- It is easy to love our own newborns since they are so tender, gentle and trusting. Newbies radiate an aura of generous love and even if they are not our children they warm our hearts. Their heart of love attracts love from within us and gives us the great opportunity to know the best part of ourselves, our unconditional Love and the endless abundance of love. Compassionate Love promotes understanding and cooperation.
- When we look into the eyes of a newborn we can see that Divinity is close at hand, because looking into the eyes of another human is looking at Divinity. And, when we are truly conscious of looking at Divinity, another Soul, we can see ourselves in them, because we are of the same Divine Source.
Easy to Love
As we consciously practice releasing false beliefs about ourselves, we also can wholeheartedly embrace Love and all our soul qualities of Strength, Wisdom, Truth. The more we do, the closer we come to the full realization of the Spirit of our Soul, the Divine in ourselves.
We can see the Divine in newborns. Now is the time to see It in others and most of all experience It in our self. Our Soul qualities to wholeheartedly manifest are:
In the hope you find Love close at hand, Portia SLB
Until next time consider this quote to reflect upon:
“The emotion of Love is for us the key which open the gates of Heaven. In reality we do not love human beings; we think we do. We love Divinity through human beings. We have that longing and yearning within us to go back to the Father, to the Absolute, and whenever we find a channel through which we can achieve that return to Him, a channel opened by Love, we are only too glad to use it, because it is the inmost desire of our heart, it is the love of our Soul.”
Eugene Fersen, Science of Being, page 44.