Once you are aware of being tempted to react to someone with prejudice, the next step is to name that harmful trait because you are in the process of recognizing it in order to release it, and choose Love instead.
I start my self-analysis with questions like: Am I being motivated by fear or Love?
If I am not so sure of the answer, then I refine my questions to help me discover if I am in sync with the four major characteristics of my soul. If one of those four qualities – energy, intelligence, truth and love, are not fully present then I know that I am not balanced and am motivated by fear, ignorance, or impatience.
The four major characteristics of our soul are the same qualities of the Eternal, what a Lightbearer calls the FourSquare:
- Is this emotion I’m feeling enthusiastic, energetic, and high-frequency (calm and peaceful)?
- Am I doing the right thing at the right time with a harmonious purpose?
- Is my reasoning in this emotion logical, rational, wise and based in fact, or is it based on an assumption?
- Am I conscious, reasoning and open to the inspiration of my superconscious, or am I listening to urges and desires of the subconscious? (Do I feel calm, rational and considerate or rushed, anxious, and worried?)
- Am I in harmony with the Universal Laws? Is my reasoning truthful, honest and sincere?
- Am I feeling hurt by the truth?
- Am I aligning with my inner strength and wisdom, or submitting to wrong?
- Am I approaching the issue impersonally or is it all about self-righteousness?
- Am I taking responsibility for my actions and feelings or am I placing blame on someone else?
- Am I mentally stepping away from anger, resentment and negative thoughts and choosing to align with unconditional love for myself and the other person(s)?
If one quality or corner of the FourSquare is missing or corrupted then I know my reaction is out of balance and can cause me further temptations and problems! Thus, I do something about it – I change my mind!
With Light and Love, Portia SLB
Next time we’ll work on changing our mind and choose to align with love, with the help of the Eternal.
Until then consider this quote to reflect upon:
“If we would follow more our Higher Self, we would by and by not only make no mistakes, but we would unfold our FourSquare. The FourSquare comes from our Higher Self. We have always had it, but we must realize it.”
Eugene Fersen, Advanced Teachings in Science of Being, p. 26